Branding my pens

zeboim

Hi turners,

I've been turning a few pens lately.  I would like to brand a logo and some words onto the pen, but I have no idea how to go about it.  I thought about making my own brand, but I have no idea how to go about it or how to heat it.  So my question to the group is this: Is there a place to get brands custom made that won't break the bank? Is there a better way to go about putting the logo on the pen?   

Hi turners,

I've been turning a few pens lately.  I would like to brand a logo and some words onto the pen, but I have no idea how to go about it.  I thought about making my own brand, but I have no idea how to go about it or how to heat it.  So my question to the group is this: Is there a place to get brands custom made that won't break the bank? Is there a better way to go about putting the logo on the pen?   

4 Axis laser CNC is the best way to go about it. You can get some china kit for about 700 bucks. 

There is a company that sells custom branding irons. Some are electric heated , some you heat w a torch.

They make an electric one that mounts in a (unplugged ) drill press so you could set up a fixture to hold the pen and do them production style.

Google around , you'll find them.

I got a custom branding iron here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/GearheartIndustry

don't think it would work well on a cylindrical* item like a pen, though... but maybe they have a better idea.  Super friendly people.

* surprisingly tough word to spell after a few drinks!

I wouldn't bet it was spelled correctly yet, after no drinks. Guess I'd better have one to see!

• Like 1

I got a custom branding iron here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/GearheartIndustry

don't think it would work well on a cylindrical* item like a pen, though... but maybe they have a better idea.  Super friendly people.

* surprisingly tough word to spell after a few drinks!

First time I saw the title on this thread I was not wearing my prescription glasses and guess what...

• Like 1