Show us the Loot

davewyo

17 minutes ago, hhh said:

==>blast gates

You know, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about receiving blast gates as an xMas present that strikes me as rather... odd... Should be added to the "You know You're a Woodworker When..." thread... http://www.woodtalkonline.com/topic/20630-you-know-youre-addicted-to-woodworking-when/

:)

BTW: You'll love the BP bits -- they work really well...

Yeah...That's a product of my wife and I being unimaginative. When asked what I wanted it just seemed easier to go online and develop a shopping cart or two. On the blast gates I even pulled the trigger on the purchase, and my wife did the gift wrapping.

I'm pretty psyched on the drill bits. I've been feeling the hankering for a quality set of brad points for a while.

15 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I have everything pictured there except the socks, Dave.  All good stuff.  If I needed blast gates I'd be happy to find the nice self-cleaning ones in my stocking.  Quality score there.

You should try some those Fits socks too E.! You will find them to give unrivaled arch loveliness. :)

In the spirit of Norm...the wife got me several plaid shiirts and a plaid jacket. Oh both my daughter, my sister and my wife got me Woodcraft gift cards... time to pick up that 12" disk sander I wish I had while making my XMas projects.  My niece got me a bottle of wine and an awesome woodworking compendium book from FineWorking Mag."Woodworking Wisdom and Know-How".

• Like 2

no new toys here, but I did get a bottle of Woodford reserve. 

I got some WR 1838 Style White Corn for xmas, stuff is smooth as butter. I thought I liked the Double Oaked, but this stuff is sublime. People around me know they can't go wrong with a good bourbon as a gift!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No pics, because it always seem to be more real when I write about it.

Three Narex rasps: 250mm flat, 8mm and 10mm round (missed how I put two rounds on my wish list, but oh well).

My BIL works for Fastenal, so I got a 12x18 metal compartment box willed with Robertson-drive compatible wood screws. May get him to get me the 4-drawer rack if I can find it a home.

$75 to Highland, $25 to Lee Valley. Kids got me a couple of rubber mallets and a tack hammer. Steelers hard hat, some IPA, the Festool hand sanding block set, and some cool non-woodworking stuff like a Yeti cup. Good Christmas, I was way too excited for my kids to get their stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochese said:

I always seem to forget that Highland doesn't sell the Veritas stuff I really want, so I can't just grab that router plane I want. Thinking about the tri-burnisher and some sandpaper from Highland.

The veritas router plane is awesome- grab one with the free shipping if you can swing it!

3 hours ago, SplinteredDave said:

In the spirit of Norm...the wife got me several plaid shiirts and a plaid jacket. Oh both my daughter, my sister and my wife got me Woodcraft gift cards... time to pick up that 12" disk sander I wish I had while making my XMas projects.  My niece got me a bottle of wine and an awesome woodworking compendium book from FineWorking Mag."Woodworking Wisdom and Know-How".

I got that book from my wife's parents too. It looks amazing. 

2 hours ago, hhh said:

==>brass finger planes

lutheir?

==>new straight razor

Arkansas Translucent or J-Nat kind of guy?

==>In the spirit of Norm...the wife got me several plaid shiirts and a plaid jacket.

What, no brad nailer to complete the ensemble?

Yes I work for a local luthier and as for the straight razor I'm just starting down that slippery slope and don't forsee me going back to disposable razors after shaving with a straight razor.