Lumber price list

duckkisser

Anyone know if there is a price list out there for lumber I figure there must be a price standard. I know prices change and there are all kinds of lumber grades but I still need to figure a price to offer for some lumber.  So does anyone know of a database that has prices that I can use as a bases for figuring out how much to offer? 

47 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Better check whoever you get your supply from, Duck. Lumber pricing varies wildly by region. I suppose you could estimate based on internet prices from Bell Forest or Hardwood to Go.

My guy usualy sells to be on a huge discount.  I buy the odd ball lumber he can't get rid off or he cuts large blocks for turning. When he sells me lumber its usualy the left over from a large deal.  For example he has a order for 10000 bf of lumber he will sell me the left over boards from the tree's or he gets rid of old stock to make room for the 10000 bf order to dry.  Sometime it beans I have to let the lumber dry in my house for a few months but I still get lumber for next to nothing.  Only bad part is few boards are matching lumber.  

Bought 42bf of cherry 3/4 by 6in by 8ft for 50 bucks if I go by owl then I should have paid 250 guess I did good. Think I'll go buy the rest of the boards.  Want to makE some furniture so I'll buy all he has. 

• Like 1

Too many variables to create a "master" price list.

At the very least you have to compare apples to apples.  I guarantee the stack of cherry you got is not the same as what Owl is offering.  They're probably selling FAS 80/90 Pennsylvania cherry and you're probably buying local common cherry.  That's not to mention who knows if and how it was dried.  All wood is not created equal.  But if you have a source for cherry at $1/bf and it's not full of moisture and sapwood and knots, I say look no further.