Hi from Missouri

LarsCW

Hi, I moved to the US September 2013 to be with my wife, we got married February 11th that year. I've done some woodworking while living in Holland but compared to the video's that i have seen on youtube it was more as if a caveman were putting together MDF panels with dowels and glue.

The past years I have been watching many youtube video's on numerous subjects and after my Christmas present, a new graphics card, arrived as a DOA I decided it was time to order tools to finally get my woodworking restarted.

So on a $200 budget I ordered a workmate, 2 sets of Narex tools, a coping saw, a Japanese saw, a No. 4 plane, a T bevel and a marking gauge.

In Sketchup I have designed some boxes which I will try to build out of construction lumber as it's the cheapest I can currently find. I also started a design for a tool chest. The plan for the tool chest is to use the woodcarving projects in the panels.

This will initially be all handwork as I left my power tools in Holland, my dad was happy to give them a new home :-)

It will be a good workout for sure.

3 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

So according to Brendon there are 100 and according to Kev there are 25. Cmon guys get it together! 

We all were to busy taking shop classes to worry about passing geography.

Welcome to the forums Lars plenty of help here if you need it.

13 hours ago, Dylder said:

Welcome ... so 30 miles from Grizzly. I will be down from St Louis for the tent sale. Hope you're high and dry, saw lots of flooding along the Taneycomo. 

dw

Unlike a lot of my wife's coworkers we kept it fairly dry, no flooding that is.

13 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Welcome, Lars! Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

I have a couple little projects that I am currently working on in SketchUp and some that for now are only on paper.