Hello from NE Florida

Marcus Hand

Hi folks,

Found the forum through the WoodTalk podcast. I'm fairly new to woodworking and the podcast has been an invaluable resource. I've been lurking a few weeks on the forums and have already come across a lot of great information. More importantly, though, it seems like a really nice group of people. 

Woodworking started for me when I first became a home owner. I started out doing circular-saw projects like closet organizers and raised bed gardens. Gradually, I started getting more tools and more serious. Over the past couple years, I've started building furniture and my only regret is that I wish I had started years earlier! 

I'm a software programmer at my day job. I really enjoy building things and am fortunate to get to do that in my day job and my primary hobby. Oddly, the first time I came across the term "jig" was as a programmer!

I look forward to being part of the forum and really appreciate what you guys do.

Thanks,

Marcus

Welcome to the forums Marcus. As you said there are a good bunch of people here that are more then willing to answer you questions.  We are also pretty good at helping you spend your money on new tools you didn't know you needed.:P

Looking forward to seeing pictures of some of your projects.

14 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Hi Marcus! We're all ready and willing to offer (sometimes) helpful advice. That is, until you mention painting walnut, or building 'rustic' furniture. Then we shall chastise you like a bunch of older brothers until you repent! ?

Welcome!

Ha!! Don't worry, no walnut will get painted in my shop! Thanks for the welcome!