Hey, from WA state

mustanggt

I've been trying for two years to get the tools and my shop set up finally. My wife had back surgery two years ago so dealing with the garage was out of the question for awhile. Her mom is in a home and she's dealing with her stuff so I finally said to hell with it and am organizing and cleaning and making room. Two years ago I started buying vintage planes and saws to have some good hand tools. I have a Jet 9" disk sander with 4x48 belt. I have an older craftsman table saw which I will replace soon and have just replaced a 10" Jet band saw with a new Laguna 14twelve. I also have a RIGID belt/spindle sander that is quite surprising at how well it works. Also a DeWalt 735x. I feel I am now ready to proceed once I get the shop arranged to get my feet wet. This is something I've been wanting to do since 8th grade wood shop 40 years ago. I've also been taking knife blanks and putting scales on them and enjoying that a lot. I just got a Jim Chambers flintlock rifle kit and will be putting that together over time as well. I have been enjoying the site so far and reading a lot. Thanks, Mike