Finding wood.

mustanggt

Sometimes I can't find it with both hands but that's another story.:D I bought from Bell forest products and Rockler recently. I did this because there is nothing where I live except big box stores and that of course is a no go. However lo and behold I found a hardwood dealer two miles from my house. I was struck dumb when I walked into the building. They'd only been there since April so no wonder I hadn't heard of them yet. They had just about every wood any of us would want. They were all very helpful and answered every question I had. The place just blew me away. I compared the prices with those online dealers and they are more or less depending on species but it's a wash across the board as far I'm concerned. I'm so happy I don't have to wait and wait and can hand pick through all the boards I want. Now I've just got to quell my urge to load the truck up!!!

• Like 1

Hold on to your wallet bud.  First time I went to a real hw dealer,  my grabby hands were a little above my ability to do math in my head.  When my ticket rang up to $600 and change, my eyes popped... then I paid and took it all home and won't cut it because that craps expensive. .

• Like 1

There's a place near me called rugbys it's an architectural materials store so they've got door and drawer hardware, purty, stain, plywood, and many different hardwoods. The hardwoods are surfaced in one side, so you have to do all the work on planing, jointing, everything. I buy oak there at $3 and some change per BF. I thought they were a local thing until I looked them up. They're all over North America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk