GF Arm-R-Seal vs Waterlox Orininal Sealer/Finish

Jonathan Sholder

Hello all! I am having a hard time deciding on which sealer to use. It will be applied to a kitchen counter top made of maple butcher block. I would go with the waterlox but the client doesn't want that amber color that it produces but a more natural look. I could just stain it with a natural color then go over it with waterlox. I've used GF in the past and it looks great and shows more the natural color of the wood. I've used and read reviews for both and love both products and just can't decide! They won't be cutting the countertop, just normal wear and tear. I'm thinking either of them would work great.. Thoughts, suggestions, comments?? Thanks!!

Jonathan

Another option to throw into the mix would be to go with a clear water based finish.  If the client wants to maintain the light color of the maple, a water based product is going to give you the best results.  Nearly every oil based finish is going to impart am amber tone.  Water based finishes do not do this. 

GF makes a couple water based products, I'd probably recommend their high performance.