Hello from Kansas

Gary-ks

Figured I might as well introduce myself here. My name as you can tell is Gary. I have been woodworking for a little bit. Nothing real serious though. I have made a few items for myself as well for a few family members over the years... I retired from  Union Pacific Rail Road a couple of years ago now and have some free time to spend in my shop.... I have the usual kind of tools in my 2 car garage... Table Saw, Planer, Jointer, Router Table, Drum Sander, Drill Press, Spindle Sander, Dust Collector, along with an assortment of cordless tools and hand tools. About the only major tool that I haven't invested in is a band saw yet. I have been saving up for one just haven't quite saved enough yet to get the one I really want..........Well that about enough of chit-chatting bout me.....

Gary

Uh-oh, an old railroad guy, and UP at that! I'll have to tell my son, he is a railroad nut! And UP is his favorite rail company, because of the "Big Boy" and "Big Jack" locomotives. His dream is take a road trip to Cheyenne to see the Big Boy they are restoring (4014, I think?).

Glad to have you join us!

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Uh-oh, an old railroad guy, and UP at that! I'll have to tell my son, he is a railroad nut! And UP is his favorite rail company, because of the "Big Boy" and "Big Jack" locomotives. His dream is take a road trip to Cheyenne to see the Big Boy they are restoring (4014, I think?).

Glad to have you join us!

Yea actually when the "Big Boy" came thru town a long time ago I had to give it an "Air Test" so if could leave town...... It was on a cold winter night around 2 or 3 am in the morning..... Talk about a cold night having to stand outside with all the steam freezing and making it almost impossible to check that all the brakes were working..................... I just wish I would have had a camera with me to take a picture of that night......................Gary

up-4014-01.jpg

• Like 2