These Boots are Made for Woodworking

PeteJr

Great post!!! I've been wondering what everyone was wearing and now I know. I was wearing my Dr. Martins with the steel toe but they are too heavy and on concrete even worse.

I'm taking the advise and going runners with anti fatigue mats. Funny my wife said I could lay hard wood floors on that part of the garage if we had the money...  LOL

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ken, it's amazing how tough your feet can get if you train them. I don't wear shoes except for work.  My feet are very desensitized. I step on sharp stuff all the time, not much of an issue. Just stay up on your tetanus shots. 

Edited by Brendon_t

Ken, it's amazing how tough your feet can get if you train them. I don't wear shoes except for work.  My feet are very desensitized. I step on sharp stuff all the time, not much of an issue. Just stay up on your tetanus shots. 

and it's also amazing how fast a pair of worn out shoes will wreak havoc on your joints... Ouch, my ankle...

For work boots for work, I go to DSW and find the most confortable pair I can find.  I was very happy with some Doc Martins for 3 years or so of 4 10 hour days and the plant is all concrete floored.  I now have some caterpillar and they are good too.

Never cheap out of shoes that you want to wear for any length of time, they fall apart faster and make your feet hurt.

my favorite shoes are a pair of redhead (bass pro shop) hunting boots.  my dress shoes for work stay in my office, because i hate shining shoes and the sailor in me insists they stay shined>  I wear these boots almost everywhere.  I have a pair of hard plastic clogs that are on my deck for walking outside in the back yard. these we used in surgery rotations when standing for long periods of time they were comfortable

• 10 months later...