SPAM

Tom Crawford

I've always received a little Spam but about 8-10 months ago it jumped to 10+ a day.  Since the domain from which they are sent is almost always different writing rules both for the server and local mail app did not work.  A little over two months ago I heard about SpamSieve  http://c-command.com/spamsieve/   Did a little research about it and decided to try it.  It does the job, after a couple weeks training and it has missed only 1 in two months and has never mistakenly marked and moved a non-spam email.  The site says requires MAC OS but since that is what I use it might just be detecting it and giving me the Mac page, so I do not know if there is a Windows version. Cost is $30 and in my opinion worth every penny.

I guess different people deal with spam differently.  I get about 200 emails a day into my gmail account.  Most of them are spam or solicitations from companies that I have bought stuff from.  Doesn't bother me at all.  I just ignore them.  right now I have 4,038 unread messages :)

10 hours ago, Mike. said:

I guess different people deal with spam differently.  I get about 200 emails a day into my gmail account.  Most of them are spam or solicitations from companies that I have bought stuff from.  Doesn't bother me at all.  I just ignore them.  right now I have 4,038 unread messages :)

That would drive me INSANE.  I have to have my spam filters going.  I cannot leave messages unread.  The account my wife uses had over 5k unread last time I saw.  It pisses me off just thinking about it. 

On the other hand,  I love me some fried spam and eggs, spam burgers and spam flavored moonshine.

• Like 1

Spam pretty well sends me into fits. But it does me no good to have a filter on one machine as I use anywhere from 3-4 machines (including tablet/phone, and they have terrible spam utilities.) What I need is one that is amazing - on my email account.