Made a promise that I was not going to buy myself anything in 2016....

jmaichel

I'm not usually a resolution kind of guy because resolutions are stupid, but I did make the same one this year...only I added the caveat that I wasn't going to buy any tools that cost more than $200 unless I had a mechanical failure beyond repair.  So if I need something project-specific, or if my planer explodes, I'll buy.  Otherwise, I'm trying to tighten the belt this year.  A moratorium on frivolous spending until Black Friday 2016 at least.  Ten days in and $0 spent.  Only 319 days to go...not that anyone's counting.

I'm also gonna try to lose a big slab of whale blubber this year.  So far no progress on that.  February sounds like a good time to start.  LOL

6 hours ago, C Shaffer said:

I don't see oil or wax...jungle/ocean man. 

6 hours ago, C Shaffer said:

I don't see oil or wax...jungle/ocean man. 

I have some oil and wax, along with some damp rid in each compartment of my tool chest. Each plane also has its own plane sock.

42 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I'm also gonna try to lose a big slab of whale blubber this year.  So far no progress on that.  February sounds like a good time to start.  LOL

That's my goal for the year. Being fat, playing pool sucks! Leaning over to shoot, with a fat belly makes for a long day. I guess there is a health benefit too.

3 hours ago, Llama said:

Nice haul. I am interested in hearing how you like the LN honing guide. 

The honing guide is amazing. Far better than the MKII I owned a few years ago and a big step up from the standard the standard wheel marking gauge I was currently using. It took me a few minutes to realize that I had to redo my guide stops.

1 hour ago, TIODS said:

Nice haul James!  A few items there I know you've been waiting a while for!

Now, quit making silly resolutions about buying stuff!  Makes some saw dust and an order, you'll feel better ;)

It seems like I have been waiting for the honing guide to be released for at least 2 years! I gave up on the plow plane and ordered the Veritas one in the middle of last year. 

I actually have been building an outdoor bench (TWW) for about 5 months now. It's a slow process for me, that second kid really slowed things down for me. SometimesI go 2 weeks without getting any shop time and my posts have gone down significantly. Not to mention cutting 36 tenons by hand is a slow process.

44 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I'm not usually a resolution kind of guy because resolutions are stupid, but I did make the same one this year...only I added the caveat that I wasn't going to buy any tools that cost more than $200 unless I had a mechanical failure beyond repair.  So if I need something project-specific, or if my planer explodes, I'll buy.  Otherwise, I'm trying to tighten the belt this year.  A moratorium on frivolous spending until Black Friday 2016 at least.  Ten days in and $0 spent.  Only 319 days to go...not that anyone's counting.

I am usually not either but I am retiring from the Navy in 2 years so I need to conserve a little more these last couple of years. Plus I have no more room in my tool chest. The one exception is of course wood and supplies.