Incra Ultra - Indiana

collinb

2 hours ago, TIODS said:

Contact him and ask him to ship it.  Can't screw up too bad for 75 bucks..

I've had mixed results with paypal and shipping via CL.  Still too many people don't trust it.

Frustrating.  But I guess the least he can do is say no.

1 minute ago, collinb said:

I've had mixed results with paypal and shipping via CL.  Still too many people don't trust it.

Frustrating.  But I guess the least he can do is say no.

Yep..  Not a lot of protection there for sure..

10 hours ago, Cliff said:

Paypal has an ugly habit of refunding the buyer not matter what. It's a pretty big craigslist scam to buy an item, pick it up, then get paypal to refund your money. 

That's why, with myself being a Verified user, I require the other person to be Verified also.  It solves many of these issues.

10 hours ago, Firehawk said:

I emailed the guy asking the model number. He didn't know the model number. Although he offered to reduce the price to $50!

Go for it.  I talked with him yesterday.  Looks like a really good deal.  Of course it's dirty, per the pic, but that's what a little soapy water is for.

11 hours ago, collinb said:

That's why, with myself being a Verified user, I require the other person to be Verified also.  It solves many of these issues.

Go for it.  I talked with him yesterday.  Looks like a really good deal.  Of course it's dirty, per the pic, but that's what a little soapy water is for.

Paypals site says "Please note that PayPal's verification system does not constitute an endorsement of a member, nor a guarantee of a member's business practices."

From what I understand, and this is from things I read online from people who got scammed - If it's CL they close it right away and will not resolve it. If it's ebay, you need a shipping receipt, has to be shipped to the verified address and over $250 you need a signature. 

I figure cash. Personally. Just easier.