10" miter saw blades

bigarm

I am going to change my miter saw to a Bosch 10" Glide and will want to upgrade the blade.  The saw will used mostly for crosscutting hardwood pieces and some other things.  What do you suggest?  I see that Freud has 60 and 80 tooth Diablo blades at a reasonable cost.  Infinity tools has some at more (about $80).  There are Forrest, but they are really expensive.  Let me know what you use/like.

10 hours ago, bigarm said:

Still trying to decide.  The Forrest would be my choice if money was no object.  Put a bid on a Freud on ebay.  If I get that at a good price that would be nice.  Other wise the Infinity is in the running also.

I can tell you from personal experience that all of the Infinity blades I've tried have performed remarkably well.  As impressive as all the Forrest blades I've tried are, I'm more impressed with Infinity overall.   Their Nickel armor coating prevents corrosion, and they're computer tensioned....their carbide, steel, and manufacturing techniques are world class.   The price difference between Infinity and Forreset has pretty much sealed the deal for me.  The 010-060 is very similar to the WWI 60T Hi-ATB, the 010-080 Ultrasmooth is very similar to the 80T Duraline, and the 010-280 is very similar to the Chopmaster.  I realize that premium blades cost more.  In some cases you get what you pay for.  In other cases someone else gets at least part of the premium you pay...I suspect there's some of that going on with Forrest because there's really no reason their blades should cost that much more than other top shelf blades, other than that they can get it.

Not sure which Freud you are bidding on....I haven't tried the Freud LU91, but am aware that it has a very good reputation.  I have tried the LU80 Hi-ATB back when it was the F810 from their Premier series, and found it to be excellent.  

Good luck!

On January 19, 2016 at 9:53 AM, bgreenb said:

I just bought a Forrest signature series chopmaster based on @hhh's recommendation here.  I haven't had a chance to set it up yet due to some other shop upgrades, but I'll report back when I do.

Just made my first cut with the Forrest signature series.  Damn does that thing cut cleanly.  Absolutely zero tearout even without a ZCI or backing up the cut.  It was pricey for sure, but I can definitely vouch for the cut quality.  

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/forrest-cm10905105

• 2 weeks later...