19" x 48" Sanding Belts

Econdron

Anyone have a machine that takes this size belt? I bought a Timesaver Wide Belt Sander, and was told by the seller it took 19x48 belts. Bought a handful of belts for the machine just to find out it actually takes 19x60 belts. I was able to change the size on all the fancy 3M belts I was having custom made, but all the ones I bought off ebay and from various suppliers I still have. They're all brand new, x or y weight backing, wet/dry use, here's the grits/manufacturers I have:

80G, Klingspor - 5 qty
150G, Hermes - 11qty
180G, 220G, 320G, 400G, Abrasive Resource - 1 of each

I'd sell them all for $350, or individually at $25/Each - prices do not include shipping.

19x48 - odd size.

I googled around, and can't find a sander using that belt. But there must be at least one because it's a size that's made to inventory... Floor sander? Metal finishing?

Don't think you'll get much traction on a hobby forum... If I can't find it within five minutes, then it's not going to be a hobby unit, but probably a specialty application (again, I vote floor sander or metalworking).

I'd find-out what type of sander uses that belt size, then advertise on forums specific to that application...

As a side check, try LJ -- more experience over there...

Yes, the belts are for wide belt sanders. There is a Timesaver with the exact same model number as mine that uses these shorter belts, but as you guys have mentioned, it's a specialty application with a slim market. I've got the sale posted on a welding forum as well as a machining forum. 

I've never tried it, but it might be possible for me to shear them to different widths. Like 6x48. 

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    R Parekh
    Newest Member
    R Parekh