Hello from SE Florida

Derek

I've been lurking in this forum for a couple of months now. I think it's way past the time to finally introduce myself.

Hi everyone. Well were to start. First I am a professional cabinetmaker. I work for one of the many cabinet shops here in south Florida. At my shop we make mostly kitchens, bars, and entertainment centers. Although we do the occasional beauty salon and restaurant. My goal is to work for myself one day and run my own shop. 

I have a small, one car garage small, shop at home. I have most of the amenities one would need I have two TSs, an older grizzly 1023 3 hp TS w/ a VCST fence, I totally recommend this fence, and a Delta contractor style set up for dado-ing. Also I have older 6 1/8 craftsman jointer( which is a bear to set up), a DW735, Dewalt 12" SCMS, a midi-lathe. Also in the mix is a problematic G0555. I don't have much of a dust collection system besides opening the garage and side door while running a box fan. It's not perfect but it helps. My workbench/out feed table is made out of a sheet of 4x8 plywood.

My passion for WW actually started out from collecting Stanley Tools. I have well over hundred planes, though, the ones in their original boxes have a special place in my heart.