Marc's tablesaw's cast iron right-hand side extension table

Red Rodgers

It seems I waited to long to order a custom Powermatic tablsaw model, so I'm trying to assemble my own custom version.

I have just took delivery of a Powermatic PM2000 (it's still in the crate, because I'm waiting on some other stuff to arrive and deciding if I want to have it painted to my liking) and also purchased 3 extra cast iron extension wings to use on the right hand side, ala the kind that Marc has, but his is a single piece of cast iron mine will be made of 3 individual 12" wings to give me a total of 36" extension.

Now, my question involves the legs -- it appears to me that it's the legs from the Powermatic #3520 Lathe, so before I go and order them and be disappointed when they arrive, could someone please confirm my suspicion and if possible post any pictures that may show how they are attached to the extension table?  Thanks! :)

23 minutes ago, Red Rodgers said:

It seems I waited to long to order a custom Powermatic tablsaw model, so I'm trying to assemble my own custom version.

I have just took delivery of a Powermatic PM2000 (it's still in the crate, because I'm waiting on some other stuff to arrive and deciding if I want to have it painted to my liking) and also purchased 3 extra cast iron extension wings to use on the right hand side, ala the kind that Marc has, but his is a single piece of cast iron mine will be made of 3 individual 12" wings to give me a total of 36" extension.

Now, my question involves the legs -- it appears to me that it's the legs from the Powermatic #3520 Lathe, so before I go and order them and be disappointed when they arrive, could someone please confirm my suspicion and if possible post any pictures that may show how they are attached to the extension table?  Thanks! :)

you are talking above my pay grade :) I remember the magazine articles announcing the company that did the customization a few years ago, and thinking it would be pretty cool to have a custom painted saw in the middle of my shop. 

As far as legs for the right side of the saw, here is a pic of one of those fabled PM custom saws I found on the internet. The support does look like a PM lathe leg, but I have no idea whether it required any modification or how it is attached. My ugly blue-gray Delta Unisaw uses simple legs made from tubular steel.

CustomPowermatic.JPG

Congratulations, good luck, and be sure to post a pic once you get your new saw built