Rabbet not big enough.

Chestnut

So i made a picture frame and set up a 3/8" rabbet  to hold everything in. Well somewhere along the lines dimensions shrunk and the glass doesn't fit in the frame. What is the easiest way to expand the rabbet 1/8" so everything fits? I'll need to do this along 2 sides totaling about 50". I have a router, router table table say chisels block plane but no rabbeting block plane and no shoulder plane. I don't have the first 2 tools that i'd grab to fix this mistake :(

12654478_10100919334997429_3700052198019

You're going to have to plunge to start, so getting everything clamped down and setting your stop points are critical. You could also set a jointed I straight piece of wood or ply and set it 1/8" inch in and use a pattern bit to ride along the straight edge. Depending on what you have laying around this may be easier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beantobe said:

You're going to have to plunge to start, so getting everything clamped down and setting your stop points are critical. You could also set a jointed I straight piece of wood or ply and set it 1/8" inch in and use a pattern bit to ride along the straight edge. Depending on what you have laying around this may be easier.

This is how I would do it. Chisel out the corners 

• Like 1

Well it is the back that goes against the wall so even if i do make it a bit larger it's not a huge issue and the corners i would chisel out doing this method. I'd place stop blocks just to make sure that nothing runs away on me the one issue is the stop blocks are going to be outside the frame so I'll have to clamp it against a makeshift fence or something.

58 minutes ago, Janello said:

I love when this happens to me. This is a perfect excuse to buy a rabbeting block plane. 

I've been eyeing that LN rabbeting block with nicker for a long time.

57 minutes ago, beantobe said:

I'm sure lee valley has a glass cutting router bit ;)

Shipping would take too long I want this on the wall this weekend.