My Lee Valley cart is happy...

estesbubba

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

What their website it's pretty hard to navigate.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I do find their website is overly taxonomized.  I tend to do a google search for the item I want i.e.  "Lee Valley Smoothing Plane"

The strait edge comment was because i spent 20 min trying to find it with their search and the links. I resorted to Google. Some parts are ok but I'd definitely do things different.

Weird. Just went to their site and typed in "straight edge". Came up as one of the options first shot. Maybe we get a much better version of the website in Canada , thats why we pay so much more for everything.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I do find their website is overly taxonomized.  I tend to do a google search for the item I want i.e.  "Lee Valley Smoothing Plane"

I had to do a google search to learn what taxonomized is.

I don't understand the problem. I think it's one of the better sites. Try selecting the country at the top of the page. I think it's the same for both though except we get to pay 3x as much.

15 minutes ago, drzaius said:

I had to do a google search to learn what taxonomized is.

I don't understand the problem. I think it's one of the better sites. Try selecting the country at the top of the page. I think it's the same for both though except we get to pay 3x as much.

Most times I can find what I need.  But sometimes you just don't know where they will have an item categorized.  This is particularly true of hardware.   Like I said, a google search usually helps me find what I need.  I do think the site is organized, perhaps just so organized that if you don't know where to look for something it can be hard to find.

I just use their iPad app to flip through the latest catalog writing down the item numbers. Then I add them all to my cart, about crap when I see the total, then delete anything I don't think I'll use in the next five years. Then I repeat the same process for the next free shipping event. 

PS - adding the 'gh' to 'strait' will get you more results. 

• Like 1

I'm an engineer not an english professor ... Spelling is lost on me. It doesn't make sense either our technical terms can be really difficult. I think their organization must just agree with some more than others.

Ya it definitely agrees more with those that can spell.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk