Cutting Small Parts On The Miter Saw

Tom - The tablesaw sled is a great choice, it produces safe and accurate cuts.

I do this on job sites a lot for small trim, and that was the direction I went with my method. In the shop, my miter saw is next to my assembly bench. It would be 25' over to the tablesaw. 

Shane - Uhmm... ya...I might need to do an oily rag safety video...

• Like 1

Just now, shaneymack said:

HAHAH ! No seriously, whats going on over there ??

FX;)

Just now, shaneymack said:

HAHAH ! No seriously, whats going on over there ??

The thought to do that just hit me right before I rendered the video. Thought it wold be fun to add it in and see what the reaction of the community would be:)

• Like 1

To keep your shop make fence from sliding around why can't you glue some find grit sandpaper on the bottom side to help keep it from sliding around. On one part of your demonstration after you set it to zero and just before you make the cut I saw the jig slip a tiny bit just before you made the cut..... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary-ks said:

To keep your shop make fence from sliding around why can't you glue some find grit sandpaper on the bottom side to help keep it from sliding around. On one part of your demonstration after you set it to zero and just before you make the cut I saw the jig slip a tiny bit just before you made the cut..... 

That is certainly an option and you could give it a try. 

My situation is this: A lot of times I am doing this on a job site with other people involved with using my equipment and jigs. I am good about not cutting all the way through, but some guys make the plunge a bit deep, then they would be cutting the sandpaper and dulling the tips of my blade prematurely. 

Other than that, I have never had an issue in actual application with getting inaccurate cuts so it never crossed my mind to add a non-slip bottom. 

But the great thing about this - is that you just came up with another idea to make it better:) 

2 hours ago, toddclippinger said:

FX;)

The thought to do that just hit me right before I rendered the video. Thought it wold be fun to add it in and see what the reaction of the community would be:)

I was just going to say it was fake because the last few frames the smoke cuts out like it was never there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, collinb said:

...that is outrageously expensive....

OK just jokin';)

Where you at in central Ohio? I am from Centerburg, my family is still back there. 

On February 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM, weithman5 said:

very nice

nice to see someone from montana

daughter lives in bozeman, hoping to move to dillon soon

Dillon is a great little town. It is one of our favorite stops on the way to visit family in Boise. It is most often the meeting point to make an exchange for one of the grandkids.