Grizzly 22 inch scroll saw G0537

miranthis

I got a Gizzly 22 inch G0537 Scroll Saw today for FREE from the guy at the new lumber yard I discovered.  :-)  He got it from a local farmer and it was just collecting dust.  I got it home today and it is on a dewalt scroll saw bench.  I looked it over and it is not much used.  However, the bellows is dry rotted to nearly dust.  I checked grizzly's web site and the bellows is discontinued.  Anyone have a source for these?

Now, I have not really needed a scroll saw, so I will either have to find a use for it or I suppose sell it.

Jeff in KC

• 2 weeks later...

"Now, I have not really needed a scroll saw, so I will either have to find a use for it or I suppose sell it. "

It was "FREE" to you if you have no need for it why not "Pay It Forward" and ask a local club if they would have any use for something like it. I am sure some local Boy Scout or Girl Scout club would love to have it to teach children the joys of woodworking.............

And I was just contemplating asking if I should get a scroll saw or a small 10" bandsaw.... 

(Not that I'm asking you to send this to me.)  There's quite a few places that would appreciate a saw like that.  Not on a regular basis, unfortunately.  You could also look into maker spaces and see if they want to buy it cheap (I wouldn't charge them more than $100, especially with the missing part).  Or look into community workshops that might need additional tools.  Lower prices sales or outright donations might get you onto favorable lists with them, which you can turn into helpers for larger lumber acquisition or shop space when needed.