Milwaukee's OneKey...

Derek

Finally, after months of waiting, my hammer drill/impact combo was ready to be picked up at the store. I made my way over there after work, got it home and started going over it. 20092b8018f568f8e66879052ea4f24e.jpg

She was beauty for sure. I started charging the batteries and registering it to my phone. Sure $500+ is a lot for a couple of drills, but I NEED them... I got the first battery charged and connected to the hammer drill. Everything was going so well. On to the impact, I get the battery charged up and connect it. That's when I noticed the battery fits a little loose. Try the other battery, same thing. Disappointment washes over me. I try not too let it bother me but it's not happening. I can see this being a problem down the line, getting looser and looser until the battery starts slipping off completely. I really wanted to keep it and move on. Couldn't do it though and back to the store it went. Hopefully today I'll be able to find another in a different store. I plan on doing review later on these drills if anyone's interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milwaukee corded tools are still pretty good. I think the company has been bought and sold several times over the years and almost all of the cordless tools are made in Asia so quality control can be an issue on certain models. Maybe you can find another brand like Bosch or Dewalt that has something similar?

Well shoot, it's probably better that you didn't keep it and run into issues down the road.

I hope you find what you looking for. I know i appreciate the heck out of my good drill and am glad i spent the extra to get the best i could. I'm no contractor but my drill defiantly gets used. If bought right a good drill can last a long time so don't settle.

I have a Milwaukee 1/2" corded drill that's 40 years old. Bought it when I was a teenager to replace a crappy Craftsman drill. It still serves me quite well. If you don't use the side handle it will try to break your wrist when the bit hangs up.

Buy the best tools you can afford and treat them well. My grandfather taught me that and it is still true today .

I've had LOTS of Milwaukee tools over the decades, corded & battery. The biggest disappointment was a circular saw I bought 35 years ago. It's tough & has never quit but is just kinda clunky to use.

The cordless have all been great. I've got 5 drills, impact driver, circ saw, sawzall, & they are all very good. My only complaint is that the rubber trim that goes around the body has come loose on a couple of the drills.

wdwerker, is that drill a Hole Hawg? In low gear, one of those will twist the house on it's foundations if you hold on tight enough.

It was a disappointment. My primary gear has been Milwaukee's 12v line, it has suited just fine. My only gripe really is when I'm cutting holes for plumbing and such. My 12v drill literally started smoking, overheats and shuts down. Forget trying to cut anything bigger then 2 1/2" or anything solid. Plus I I wanted to upgrade to the 18v jigsaw and pick up a circ saw eventually.  

==>I've had LOTS of Milwaukee tools over the decades, corded & battery.

Same here... Unfortunately, M is not the company it once was... I've given almost all of mine away... I keep their 28v set for the boatyard -- powerful cordless is great when 110v is hard to come by...

I've kept my hole hawg -- it's got to be 20years old. Don't know if they make it like they used to, but it's a great tool (at lease it was)...

My DIY kit is now the 18v Bosch set -- I've probably got one of each in the line... Haven't found a dud, so I can recommend them

I buy tools for my day job. I've basically kicked milwaukee reps out of my shop. They have the worste sales tactics of anyone who has ever walked through my door. And yes, they are not the company they once were.

I own a 20 + year old Hole Hawg too. I used it every day drilling out houses for plumbing before I switched jobs. Great drill, and just took it out of retirement to drill my roubo hold fast holes. 

3 hours ago, hhh said:

My DIY kit is now the 18v Bosch set -- I've probably got one of each in the line... Haven't found a dud, so I can recommend them

+1, I have been very happy with my Bosch cordless and corded tools.  My cordless jigsaw really stands out - even in the shop I use it for cutting curves and circles so I don't have to deal with a tangled cord.  I did get a Reciprocating Saw that was DOA, but they changed it out for a new one, no questions ask.  

I dropped my cordless Bosch hammer drill onto concrete from the 3 stories and it still runs.  

I can't imagine they changed the battery latching etc. as the M18 stuff is all compatible. Too bad you weren't happy with it. I've beat the heck out of my M18 Fuel drill and impact and have been nothing but happy with them.   As for corded... I just picked up a Super Hawg.... Geeeeez that thing is a beast.