15% off Supermax

Tom Cancelleri

I ran into something similar before the holiday's at acmetool...

Was buying a dewalt drill for my father, they had a dewalt discount and a site wide, never specified they could not be combined.  I was pretty ticked and after some time with customer service they did honor the combined amount.  

You'd think we've come far enough on internet commerce places wouldn't try that game and not spell out the exclusions (they didn't anywhere on their site, trust me, i looked)...

I think the catch on it is the "More restrictions may apply". They can outline the restrictions in a huge document and post it in some hard to find spot.

They aren't the best store in the world, but dealing with them in store is awesome for warranty claims. Usually just get a new tool off the shelf on the spot no questions asked.

Oh, you pushed my hot button. Every online store and a lot of brick-n-mortars, too.  It seems to get worse every year. Big banner "SAVE XX% NOW STORE WIDE", small print "some restrictions apply". In really, a LOT OF RESTRICTIONS APPLY, store wide. Their hope is you get so committed to the product that you complete the transaction anyway. And lately, I've been seeing "sales event" ads where it seems like the same old small discounts apply - nothing new. I guess they hope we are being stupid - "sales event" changes everything. So, I almost never shop based on "sale now" ads. When I want something, I go price comparing and then make a decision based on total cost.  If it's not urgent, I'll just bide my time waiting a better deal.  

By the way, a trick.  Register/log in, drop the item in your cart and then leave. They may send you a discount code or some other offer to get you to complete the transaction. Doesn't always happen but sometimes.

5 hours ago, -MattK- said:

Tom, not to be pedantic, but that ain't no 15%!  Seems like they've capped the discount at $150. 

I tried to sneak a PM1500 into my cart and they only took $150 off, not 15%.  So I think I'm waiting for the 10% Powermatic sale in a few days.

The fine print says it is 15%, but with a max discount of $150.  

"Expires at 11:59 pm CST on February 29, 2016.  $150 maximum discount on one item when you become a registered user or sign in.  Limit one discount per person/company.  Discount is off purchase price before tax and any applicable shipping charges.  Not valid on prior purchases or in conjunction with other offers or promo codes.  Not valid on SawStop, Festool, Weber and Yeti.  More restrictions may apply.  Must use promo code at checkout.  We reserve the right to correct errors, limit quantities and terminate any offer at any time."

I sort of stopped caring as much. I have a really good credit card and if the item goes on sale within 60 days of me buying it they refund the difference. It also allows me to purchase where ever i want and they make up the difference. It's not the best but I used it to get $12 off a DMT Dia-sharp diamond plate so i got it for $43 which is pretty good imo.

I'm by no means telling anyone to go out and get a credit care but if you have one and use it make sure that you're looking at all of your benefits. That includes extended warranties and more.

Oh - don't forget to use Fatwallet for an additional 1.5% cash back from Acme!

Free money and you don't need a special credit card or anything.  Just go to Fatwallet and sign up for free account (I don't get anything for recommending - just a happy user).

1.5% doesn't sound like much, but it can add up to decent savings for big tool purchases, especially when tagged on top of other savings like store coupons, credit card cash back, etc.

Thanks for sharing! Now the question is to get the Bosch 12" Glide Miter for $509 or stick with the plan to get the recon one for $450 from CPO... <checks refund status from uncle sam so it doesn't jack with my March tool budget...>

Update:

CPO Outlet - Price increase to $519.

refund status - due to be "sent" March 2nd. 

Order status - order placed with Acme! Thanks @Tom Cancelleri!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Did 3 people just buy bosh miter saws yesterday from this one thread? That's awesome. Congrats on your savings guys! I played the "i shouldn't be spending money because i just spend a ton of money on a table saw" card.

I lost that card. No wait. I never had one.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ed Weber
    Newest Member
    Ed Weber