Hall table

bradpotts

I just posted my last finished project and Cooper said he wished it was a journal. So this one is for you coop! I took the idea of this table from the cutting boards that have the waves in it. Here are the designs that I made in sketch up. Not that good at sketch up but it will do. 4e3e9956768926d183b6bf4252bb058b.jpgfbf7133d3d1bffe33d30a06b891c2c25.jpg

I put a twist in the legs to give it some character. I also ran a string I lay down the side to draw some attention to the twist. ced9c315c8fb0a59b245f2b4e34877ac.jpg

I am going to contrast the very bottom with the same wood I am using for the drawer. 2281a14b3288b69e9dd20a015bcb094d.jpg

Tomorrow I will hopefully get the bottoms cut, routed and glued in.

One more picture. 17225b6762d745e173723b8e8dbdd51d.jpg

• Like 1

Those legs look awesome. Definitely looking forward to watching it take shape. As a relatively new woodworker, seeing projects like this (and others in this forum) serves as great motivation to continue to refine my skill.

• Like 1

Pretty cool brad.  Is the very top a floating top? It looks raised in the drawing. 

Yeah it is going to be floating. I didn't even try to make the sketchup look like it should.

Today's progress was a little slow for two reasons:one good and one bad. First with the bad. I mitered the leg bottom before scribing it in the leg. This caused me about two hours of extra work to make it close enough to glue it. The GOOD I finally got a drum sander. 37498b6c5f2bf31ba9d23fd956d8c459.jpg I spent a little time putting it together and moving it. It was one of the easiest tools that I have ever assembled. I did get all the legs done. 09861e7b278c6f01941e1ffb82065f4f.jpg don't see a ton of progress tomorrow because I am delivering the Northwester Mutual table tomorrow.

Forgot to thank Marc for comparing the supermax and powermatic and the mini review.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to wrap my head around those legs. But it seems they're wrapping around just fine enough on they're own. Best of luck and thanks for letting us tag along while you build it.

Marcel---

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, since I can't seem to understand these legs. Would it have been easier to mortise the top portion for the aprons before removing the twist stock? Or do you still have that flat 90* reference up top?

Marcel---

Man that sander is a beast. Any chance the cabinet has storage available? Seems like a lot of wasted space.

straight up brad, I'm pretty stoked to watch this one come together. Just the legs have massive sex appeal busting out of the 90* world.  

Yeah it does aee1a4332b2c7ff032e009dcefe287f5.jpg

I'm still trying to wrap my head around those legs. But it seems they're wrapping around just fine enough on they're own. Best of luck and thanks for letting us tag along while you build it.

Marcel---

Also, since I can't seem to understand these legs. Would it have been easier to mortise the top portion for the aprons before removing the twist stock? Or do you still have that flat 90* reference up top?

Marcel---

The top is still 90. The twist starts about 6-1/2" down.

Not a lot done today. Did build a sled though. 6807f06d5afbcb362994dd983c0adaf8.jpg

• Like 2