She finally arrived!

Janello

That ought to do the job.  I which that had been available when I purchased my SuperMax, I like what I have but it would have been fun to have to work through the decision.  John do you know if Powermatic has a mobile base for that beast?

1 hour ago, Chet K. said:

John do you know if Powermatic has a mobile base for that beast?

There are built in casters (they do not swivel). The 2 on the motor side have locking screws at the base.

27 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Sweet! Have you run anything through it yet?

I ran some maple and purple heart shorts through it. After a few minor adjustments it was working beautifully. It came with 80G paper and I put some 120 and 220 on order. The 220 I plan to dedicate for veneer.

I have a 1.5 mobile jet hooked to it and it seemed to do a great job. I had no residual dust left behind.

20 minutes ago, TIODS said:

That's pure awesome right there!

I have a roubo and a drum sander- I can now rule the world! B)

3 hours ago, estesbubba said:

Sweet machine John! Do you just open the door if you need to sand a board longer than 4'?

This models comes with wall detection. It has "Smart" space saver feature with 4 wheel drive. As the board approaches the wall, the sander simply moves forwards or backwards. Come on Bubba, keep up would yah! :P

I wonder if he burned the sand paper yet? Tee hee! 

-Ace-

5 hours ago, estesbubba said:

Sweet machine John! Do you just open the door if you need to sand a board longer than 4'?

That's pretty much the plan. It will roll strait out giving me tons of infeed and outfeed should I need it. :)

33 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

You finally got it! Im sure it was worth the wait.

There is something really awesome looking about that sander. Please give us an in depth review once you have gotten to know it a little more.

I bet you're almost as happy as I am Shaney...you don't have to hear me talk about waiting for it in chat any more! lol

I put some 120 on it and flattened my first panel glue up with it today. It was pretty soft wood (sassafras) that I am using for a sign. Worked great, but I'm having a little trouble getting the conveyor to track in the center. It wants to hug the right guide despite the adjustments I made according to the manual. Might be normal or might be something simple I am overlooking. 

43 minutes ago, Janello said:

Worked great, but I'm having a little trouble getting the conveyor to track in the center. It wants to hug the right guide despite the adjustments I made according to the manual. Might be normal or might be something simple I am overlooking. 

Interesting - I recently got the same unit, and mine is hugging the Left guide even after I tried to adjust to run more in the center.  Seems to work fine and doesn't appear to be pulling further left so I just decided to leave as is, but let me know if you figure this out!

Other than that I was getting some snipe at first too on both ends of boards, but once I released most of the tension on the rollers that cleared up nicely. So far so good.