Veneer Sorage

ChrisG-Canada

I've managed to a bunch (<100) of smallish assorted wood veneer pieces and I'm considering the best way to store them.  The pieces range in size between 8x8 and 24x24  I don't have a lot of space so I need efficient but quality storage ideas that preserve the veneers until they are ready to be used.

Any thoughts about storing in plastic storage containers like the type you could use to store extra clothing under a bed, etc.?  Perhaps with a piece of MDF or ply at the bottom of the box and another piece on top to keep things as flat as possible?  Any problems with this?

I store mine flat in a long plastic bag and that in turn is carefully placed on a platform in the rafters of my shop so it is always at the same conditions as the shop. Best to store book matched series veneers in the same order as they came from the supplier. 

I store my veneer like Terry does; a plastic bag with the end open, laying flat. I don't see why putting some weight on would hurt, but I don't. Some of my veneer is buckled and wavy and I don't want it to crack, or the bird's eyes to pop out and such.

• 2 weeks later...