Outfeed 1.0

collinb

I think it must be all he had to work with at the time..Mabe a better one will come soon..The funny thing is it may be working ok for him..Now...I must be honest at first thought was he must be kidding...Waiting to hear whats up..

Just now, Llama said:

Yes, but there are better ways to do it. For instance, not wrapping the twine above the work surface.... 

Oh, emoji - :wacko:

There's always better ways to do something but, sometimes you just have to deal with what you have..

• Like 2

Just now, Llama said:

Yes, but there are better ways to do it. For instance, not wrapping the twine above the work surface.... 

??? It isn't. Check the elevations on the webbing. 

I am hoping this was staged to check size and location before a more permanent setup? Looks fantastic as a mockup. 

When the stores are closed or you are stuck on a jobsite with no truck etc. you do what has to be done. Approach it as carefully as possible and upgrade the first chance you get.

It wouldn't take too many sheets of ply going across it to snag or wear that twine tied to the extension table. When it does the collapse could lead to serious injury .

Sometimes I just like to pull the chain of the perfectionists.

ok, so the twine was a joke  

No. Showing it was the joke. The piece is real and functional.

My pride is reserved for what I make and not for the hardware.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Next I would duct tape more twine to a board and mount a spring on the outfeed table. That will pull the board through the saw while you are drinking coffee and sanding something on the other end of the shop. And if the outfeed table fails, you will be at a safe distance.

• Like 1

Next I would duct tape more twine to a board and mount a spring on the outfeed table. That will pull the board through the saw while you are drinking coffee and sanding something on the other end of the shop. And if the outfeed table fails, you will be at a safe distance.

This isn't the Red Green show!

Still though...anything worth doing is worth doing right.  This is...this is just...wow, I don't know.  Twine.

Of course, but sometimes on short notice one does something simple and functional knowing that it will be abandoned and improved upon later.

• Like 1