Odd habits...

Llama

I have several odd habits. I call them odd not because I think they are, but because when meeting new people they are quick to point them out.

I will give an example.

When eating a meal, I eat one thing until it is done before proceeding to the next thing. Something as simple as a burger and fries. I have to eat the burger, then the fries. There is no deviation. To make matters worse, I didn't even know I did it this way. It is not something I plan before it happens.

• Like 2

The random touching thing doesn't make sense to me either! The other things follow a pattern though. :) 

I never have my back to the door unless I'm at home. I also sit on the outside of a booth at a restaurant. I think it has something to do with escaping danger or something.

OMG Lester you are an absolute psychopath.  I'm relieved to assume we live in different states.  You'll be on the news some time in the future for doing something terrible, I'm sure of it.  Wow.

52 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

TV and radio volumes with digital displays have to be even numbers but I can settle for 5's. 25, 35, 45, etc...

...but I totally get this one and couldn't agree more! :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Llama said:

I eat one thing until it is done before proceeding to the next thing.

I know so many people that are like this that it doesn't even strike me a strange any more.

3 hours ago, Eric. said:

I'll eat anything as long as it hasn't brushed up against a dog turd.

I am with Eric just pile it on the plate and lets eat.

But on a weird note, I am old school and still get an actual news paper delivered and I go bat crap crazy if it doesn't get delivered and I am with out the paper for my morning coffee.

• Like 1

I have probably close to 100 pairs of socks, and on a day that I'm not wearing flip-flops, it would be normal for me to change socks 2-3 times.  Not always, but often.  I like socks.  Fresh, clean socks.  I don't like old socks.  I throw away old socks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Round numbers.  Round numbers are better than even numbers, IMO.  Why someone would stop at 34 when a perfectly round 35 is right next door, I have no idea.

My wife does this and I don't get it. Just to get her pissy I'll set the alarm clock for something like 6:02. She'll whine until I make it 6 or 6:05.

I don't think I have any unconventional or odd habits as a human.. just about everything I do is odd for a Californian though like being an avid hunter/ fisherman, flying an American and Marine Corps flag on my home,  and driving a grossly polluting pickem up truck 

• Like 1

I can't go poop without my cell phone. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Lester Burnham said:

I'll be cooking, standing at the stove, and she'll come over and check out what's going on and give me a little side-hug and touch my shoulder. The moment she steps away, I'll touch my shoulder on the same spot. Or she'll walk past me and run her hand across my chest or just touch my arm and I'll have to do the same.

Lester, do you cook in the nude?  Your wife just gets fired up because you cook?  Dude whats the secret? Please spill the beans. :D

-Ace-

45 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I have probably close to 100 pairs of socks, and on a day that I'm not wearing flip-flops, it would be normal for me to change socks 2-3 times.  Not always, but often.  I like socks.  Fresh, clean socks.  I don't like old socks.  I throw away old socks.

I venture a guess that 1 pair goes on Eric's feet, the other pairs are for clean up duty for an unmentionable event.  A tissue doesn't have a high enough thread count. 

The only thing I do is wash my body in the same order.

49 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Dude. For 10 years I only wore brand new socks out of the package. I ordered 5 packages of 6-count socks from amazon once per month, every month. I just threw the old ones away. New socks are the best thing ever. 

Then along comes wife. Ruins my entire life and makes me stop spending $30+/month on socks. Now my feet are emotionally unstable and life is a cesspool of misery. 

Anyway, I get the fresh clean socks thing .

I have tons of other little quirks, like doing things the same amount with left and right hands or legs. But I've noticed that my 20's seemed to be my "Oh crap am I going to end up being OCD?" and my 30's I've moved away from it. I just find that I care less and less. 

But still.. Um, my phone fell on the bathroom floor and I put it in the sink and washed it with soap and water. When the phone went into eternal reboot - it occurred to me that its not the Note 4 that is waterproof, because of the stylus. $200 deductible mistake. :(

• Like 1