White Oak Score

Tom Cancelleri

Looks like grade A Quercus Cletus, right @Eric.

Haha, at that price, it's fine if it is. I bought 30 year air dried cherry, and walnut from a guy. Never had an issue. The guy cuts down trees and milled it up. If the moisture content is right, I think it'll make some great frame and panel shop cabinets for my miter saw bench. Maybe I'll make a farm house table and sell it for stupid rustic money. Could make a second Roubo

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

I think tom is a terrorist

This is hilarious. Agreed, my envy towards Tom's deals are leading me to believe he's a member of ISIS. 

I feel like I do pretty well on Craigslist buying top shelf stuff for 50% off etc. you make my deals look horrendous by comparison. 

56 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Haha, at that price, it's fine if it is. I bought 30 year air dried cherry, and walnut from a guy. Never had an issue. The guy cuts down trees and milled it up. If the moisture content is right, I think it'll make some great frame and panel shop cabinets for my miter saw bench. Maybe I'll make a farm house table and sell it for stupid rustic money. Could make a second Roubo

At that price, you could afford to make the whole farm house and not just the table. Congrats on a great find!

56 minutes ago, Llama said:

Yeah, Tom has a 50K shop that really cost him about 500 bucks.

No wonder he won't move! 

Tree-Fiddy and a pork chop!

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Yeah I'd buy just about anything - even from Uncle Cletus - for less than a buck a board foot...except oak. :D

Nice score there, T!  Thank dog it's white...

If it was red, I'd offer him $1.25 for the whole lot. 

• Like 1

Be ready for this guys.

So, I went to pick up the wood, and the guy said just give me $200. He also asked if I was interested in a 24"  Felder planer that he would sell me for 500 bucks. I told him I'd think about it and he said he would hold it for me.

Yeah we all like and hate Tom.

24 minutes ago, Janello said:

He also asked if I was interested in a 24"  Felder planer that he would sell me for 500 bucks.

What is there to think about?  Worst case, you flip it and double your money.  Of course you'll probably need a tower crane to move it.

On 4/10/2016 at 4:26 PM, Tom Cancelleri said:

I love you all too! I just happen to check Craigslist often. I'm in an area that has a good amount of people, lots of people just want to get rid of stuff,and low price moves things fast.

I also check multiple times per day, and live in a populated area.  But people here don't sell european saws for pennies on the dollar, only old beat-up construction-grade stuff.  Anything decent is priced pretty high and sells quickly. Just saying you are a lucky guy in a unique spot. Kudos.

On 4/13/2016 at 0:00 AM, JosephThomas said:

I also check multiple times per day, and live in a populated area.  But people here don't sell european saws for pennies on the dollar, only old beat-up construction-grade stuff.  Anything decent is priced pretty high and sells quickly. Just saying you are a lucky guy in a unique spot. Kudos.

JT, when you're looking for something specific, let me know.  I tend to have good deals pop up in LA metro and north OC from time to time. If it's close enough,  I could go check it out/pick it up for you before driving up.

• Like 1