The not-so-big shop

h3nry

I've made a bunch of trinkets and knick-knacks in the last few months, but it's time to get down to building something serious again. I'm still procrastinating about what, but I thought I'd start by cleaning up the workshop - and while it was clean I thought it would be a good time to photograph it. Those of you with big workshops can feel smug, and those of you with small workshops can commiserate. So here you go ...

Looking through door #1 from the kitchen:

workshop1.jpg

The main work-space = 8'x6', just enough room for the bench and a shelf of tools:

workshop2.jpg

The other two walls also have doors:

workshop3.jpg

Behind door #2 is the washing machine, with room to store clamps on the right, and a bunch of shelves that look so rickety that I daren't put anything too heavy on them:

workshop4.jpg

Behind door #3 is a small bathroom. Sharpening stones seem to have found a home in the sink, and of course lumber storage in the shower:

workshop5.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Dude you answered your unasked question. You need strong, built in storage.

Yeah for sure, but you know how it is with rental houses, not a whole lot of motivation to do built-in work, when I'd have so much more fun making something I can take with me when I leave.

33 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Brushing your teeth in that sink has gotta be a challenge!

Gotta keep the fangs sharp!

The house does have another bathroom, that is sensibly located next to bedrooms - so I just use this one as a workshop addition - It's certainly not an ideal workshop space, but in the part of town I wanted to live in there aren't a whole lot of non-apartment housing options in my price range and garages are almost unheard of ... finding a place with this much shop space was a challenge.

• Like 1