Barrister Bookcase

Hello everybody! New to the forum but not new to the wood whisperer, I purchased the Roubo project, completed it with out a hitch, and absolutely loved it. So I purchased the barrister bookcase project, but have yet to see any videos. Now the Roubo was after the guild project had been long completed, so does Marc complete the project and then release the videos? I was kind of under the impression that we would build along with Marc as he completed his bookcase. Just curious and anxious to get going! I have caught a few of his "tweets", by accident, so I know the project is started.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

He releases a video or two every week once the project starts.  We're still in the middle of Matt's sofa table but I think the bookcase is right around the corner.  "Spring 2016" is how it's labeled so it must be soon.  And I know Marc is working on it as we speak...

YEah we're looking at mid-May at this point. Normally I build the projects and release videos as I go. From here on out, my goal will be to build the project completely BEFORE I release the first video. That's much better for me from a scheduling perspective and it allows me to put some love into the free site while we're releasing the weekly Guild videos. It's a goal.....but not sure I'll always hit it. :) As mentioned above, the Sofa Table is still going so we'll finish that out, take a breath, then start the bookcase.

FWIW, I'd love to see a shoji or tansu guild build :)

13 minutes ago, thewoodwhisperer said:

Nothing firm yet. And I don't want to say what I'm considering because people get annoyed when I change my mind. :)

I'll add my +1 to the shoji screen idea.  Would love to see that build and the knowledge could be useful in lots of applications beyond just a screen (entertainment center doors, closet doors, lights).  If nothing else, it would make a good free-site video. 

A desk of some sort also would be cool (maybe Nakashima-inspired, although I know live edges are a touchy subject with some people and anytime you get into "____-inspired" territory it can get dicey...). 

I'm sure Marc loves it when it when people chime in with unsolicited suggestions about what he should build...but I say it's his fault for mentioning that he hasn't made up his mind ;).