Extension Warehouse

Mark J

I am trying to download the CutList addon from the extension warehouse without success.

Does one have to join up of pay a fee?  I found the addon and tried to download, but got "Authentication Error".  

Returning to the warehouse home screen I see there is a sign in button.  I click it and immediately get the same "Authentication Error".

I am using SketchUp Make 2016 and it is after the 30 day trial.  

Is there some trick to accessing the warehouse? 

Thanks.

I think you need a Google account to use as a sign in. I was having a problem getting in, turned out there is a little button on the lower left of the SketchUp window just to the left of the command line that indicates if you are signed in or not. There are three icons, this is the one on the right. Click on it and see if that helps.

On 4/19/2016 at 6:08 PM, Bob Lang said:

I think you need a Google account to use as a sign in. I was having a problem getting in, turned out there is a little button on the lower left of the SketchUp window just to the left of the command line that indicates if you are signed in or not. There are three icons, this is the one on the right. Click on it and see if that helps.

On 4/20/2016 at 2:56 AM, TerryMcK said:

Yes you do need a Google account but it is free. Cutlist is good.

Thanks, that was the key.  You have to be signed into your Google account in SketchUp, not the extension warehouse itself.  The sign in button on the warehouse page is a dead end.  Apparently it has been placed there just to be frustrating.  

Now to figure out how to use the program.