genius or not so much?

byegge

So i got suckered into making a "rustic" table using, you guessed it, pallet wood. Its been about 8 hours and its pretty much done. Since rustic is a synonym for crappy, it went together with my nail gun and glue. My question is what type of finish to use on it. Im not sanding it at all, but will clean it off with compressed air and a wire brush. Was thinking about wipe on poly or varnish. It will reside inside and will double as a dog crate if that helps. Now i don't have a sprayer but thought of a great idea, maybe. I do have a pump insecticide sprayer. If i thinned the finish out enough would it be plausible to spry on thinned poly with that.  Im not going to take too much care with drips or anything like that i just want a good couple coats. I would like to add that this project is not an indication of my shotty craftsmanship, i have plenty of other examples for that, but is a favor for a co worker.  any hints or tips on this would be great.

5 minutes ago, drzaius said:

HaHa. There must be a solar flair or something in the water. Seems like there has been a rash of "rustic" projects on the forum lately.

Sorry, I'm no help at all. Except that you have my sympathies.

I was excited to build it for her until the word "pallets" came out. Not if any of you have ever made anything from them. They are a real sob to pull apart 

6 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Obviously you already hate that piece! BLO, then wax after a week.

That obvious huh. I think I'll give the blo a go 

• 4 months later...