Milescraft Router Design Inlay Kit

tkpunk

Hey folks, I want to start playing with inlay. I was thinking about getting this: http://smile.amazon.com/Milescraft-1207-Router-Design-Inlay/dp/B000KI8SCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461896697&sr=8-1&keywords=milescraft+1207+router+design+inlay+kit, which seems like a good all-around kit. The Amazon reviews are good, does anyone have negative experience with it?

If you have experience with it, can you tell me if it will work with my Bosch Colt? Or do I need to get Bosch's adapters and whatnot for the template guides?

Thanks

tkpunk

The milescraft products I have seen and played with were kind of lower end products. Nothing horrible but certainly not first class either.

The Bosch Colt is a pretty decent little trim router but I am not aware of any bushing adapter for it. I just use mine for laminate and edge work.

I enjoy inlay work, too.  If you find that you like doing inlay consider this..... I really like a plunge router for inlay work. It is nice to position the router and plunge the bit straight down especially when working with small areas.  It is also nice to just release the lock and have the router bit raise itself out of the work.  This reduces the chances of gouging the edge of your routed area when lifting the router and a plunge router lets you just set the router right side up on the workbench.