build of the chaotic board

mrrhode04

I had some interest in how I made the chaotic board and I figured since I had enough pictures I would post them.

Here is the wood that I decided to use for this board. Cherry, purple heart, maple and walnut.

wood.jpg

This is a picture after I ran the boards across my jointer.

cut.jpg

This was the first panels that I glued up, I had a total of four panels that where close to 24" long each.

first.jpg

This is a picture of two different glue ups one is the first stage and the second is in the second stage. To go from the first to second stage I flattened the panel and then ripped it in to 1" wide strips on my band saw and rotated the strips 90 degrees so the flattened faces where facing each other and glued them back together.

second.jpg

This just shows more panel glue ups.

third.jpg

This I believe this is the third and final stage for the panel glue up. All I did was repeat the same thing as before, the width you cut it to is not that big of a deal I just pick numbers that would work for me.

forth.jpg

Final product, the board has two different cross cut panels in it to help with the random pattern.

Chaotic 1.jpg

Close up.

Chaotic 2.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1