Grizzly G0458 drum sander DC

Just Bob

I have had this sander for about 5 yrs and the DC has always irritated me. Dust would always spew out from around the port filling the air with fine dust.  I had some sanding to do today and decided that before I mess up my clean shop to try and fix the problem.  I took off the dust port and found that weather stripping was blocking a large portion of the port. 

sanderport.JPG 

Then I found that the port to blower connection is a 3 sided plastic to plastic friction fitting, with the 4th side a plastic to metal, just kind of slide it in and hope it works fitting.  It was hard to get a picture

sanderdc.JPG

but where the blower housing is screwed to the wall is where the 4th side fits. 

I cut out all of the weather stripping and put it back together with PVC glue for the plastic to plastic parts and hot glue for the plastic to metal.  Then I used PVC glue to attach the hose fitting to the port.  Ran some boards through the sander and the problem is solved.  So for 5 years I have been tolerating a problem that took 20 minutes to fix, shows I smart I am....

I know there are several of us on WTO that have this machine, hope it helps.