Douglas fir box

Good job. How did you get the curve in the top?

The original post says the lid is coopered, which means that it was a flat board that was cut into strips with a slight miter along the length. It's similar to a barrel. Looks like it was sanded smooth once it was glued up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arrdenet said:

The original post says the lid is coopered, which means that it was a flat board that was cut into strips with a slight miter along the length. It's similar to a barrel. Looks like it was sanded smooth once it was glued up.

Thanks sir. Being a Cooper, you would think I would know my background better?

Now that's funny Mr Cooper.This was my first box with a coopered lid.Im not sure if it was my glue or the dryness of the wood but I had to remake it 1 1/2 times.Its hard to get good pressure on the pieces wih the angles.I used the same tech as segment turning.Using packing tape.

The top was handplaned and the side were scraped.Sand paper is the last resort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arrdenet said:

I figurd he meant he Kcooper'd it also being he glued up a flat panel and that's how it turned out.