Addiction is real.

Brendon_t

5 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Our hunting camp is a not electronics zone and it usually takes days to unscrew my kids from the roof of the wall tent!

Hunting camp is a world of a difference.  I don't ever worry about my phone at camp.  Real life is different all together. 

7 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

So work WIFI is verboten ?

Yes. No WiFi. 

I thought this was going to be a post where we all take pictures of our wood storage racks that are overfull with nice grabs from the lumber yard. :(

If it makes you feel better i was addicted to video games and there are a lot of times where all i want to do is burn 40 hours of pto spending an entire week playing. I hate smart phones, or well smart anything. They are the opposite of their name most time and just make me want to grab my laptop. I don't know how you only use taptalk for the forum.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I thought this was going to be a post where we all take pictures of our wood storage racks that are overfull with nice grabs from the lumber yard. :(

If it makes you feel better i was addicted to video games and there are a lot of times where all i want to do is burn 40 hours of pto spending an entire week playing. I hate smart phones, or well smart anything. They are the opposite of their name most time and just make me want to grab my laptop. I don't know how you only use taptalk for the forum.

Been there. I still burn days when new xbox games come out that I like. Halo 5 was 5 days straight of gaming. Well, sorta. Beat it in two days on hardest setting, then spent the rest of the time playing other games. Spent all Sunday playing Starcraft II. Just fortunate I'm past my WoW days.

I find it relieving not having my phone with me or on. But my wife does not. She gets annoyed if she can't get a hold of me instantly. Before her I'd lose my phone for days, or run the battery down and not charge it for a week. The only real addiction I have with my phone is checking my bank account to see if there is some money left to spend on woodworking, and then using the amazon app to distribute that money to qualified vendors.

24 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Downtown chicago is mostly a dead zone, especially inside buildings.  

I hear about people that don't have a land line phone, but even in the chicago suburbs cell connections are spotty. A land line is almost free with cable/internet and I don't need a dropped call when calling 911. 

Not sure about the phone but, it surely is a "dead zone"

• Like 1