Dust Collection

..Kev

16 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

That's what happened for me - and I only ran a 6" main trunk!

If there are questions along the way about the cost, I really don't mind sharing.  It is what it is and I suspect anyone else that called them to set up the same system would see the same numbers so, it's really not a secret ;)

2 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Sweet man.  You going to give us some in progress shots of it going in?

Absolutely..  I have a lot of work to do on electrical and in my shop to get the system in..  My storage rack will have to be removed and possibly relocated so, that could be interesting..  Going to try and put the drops in so that I don't lose that wall but, the DC is the more important item.

• Like 1

Just now, Woodenskye said:

Kev, congrats on the new DC.  It almost reads like you placed the order 3 hours ago.  Now I think we could all agree that would be considered extremely fast service.

I placed the actual order on Tuesday to put it in perspective...  Although that's not "3 hours" it is extremely quick service!

Just now, shaneymack said:

Haha! Just couldn't help yourself !! You'll be staring at it all night =)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

lol - Plan on having a fire with friends later so, it just made sense to burn the boxes..  That really is it for today!

47 minutes ago, Janello said:

That's pretty much the same final thing I have to accomplish to fit out my shop. I can only imagine your excitement for this one. Total game changer there.

Are you putting it in the other room that you don't use as much to keep the db/s down?

The machine will live in the garage where only cars and my air compressor live.  I did purchase the remote. 

• Like 2

That's awesome Kev! I look forward to watching it all come together. I started prepping my ducting today.

As a quick tip, Properly silicone during assembly, figure out orientation ahead of time, because when you're siliconing the blower housing to the cyclone body, there's not much changing it after that without major headache. 

Also, make sure that the motor is set to spin the right way, this is done in the motor's wiring box. The guy I bought mine from had his motor spinning the wrong way, which really reduced efficiency. 

• Like 1

Well it looks like Tom's a bit ahead of me but, here goes the machine mount!

This is the back wall of my garage which is directly behind my jointer and lumber rack on the other side.  This is where it will live.

k5UVPp.jpg

I removed some of the Tyvek to be sure that I was attaching to a 2 X 6.  Bracket is in.  Ready for the machine and the electrician!  Will be a while before more pics as I need to silicone all the little gaps.

mVeLvo.jpg