A bench

Cliff

Started this in January, had it finished by March (yeah I know that is a super long time) then didn't do the final polish until this weekend. It's for my sister. She wanted to upholster it, and so I gave it to her with a plywood top. Also, thanks to those that helped me with some goofups with my mortises on this one a few months ago, I attached a pic that shows where I did the patch. My sister did not notice. 

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

Nice little bench. Did she pat to have it upholstered or do it herself?

Thanks all!

She did it herself. I guess she's been doing that type of stuff lately. I verbally berated her for wanting anything other than a nice hardwood seat. 

Very nicely done Cliff.

You keep that up and you won't be able to belittle your own skills on this forum anymore.;)

BTW, a couple months isn't bad. You don't see much more than a project every couple of months from many of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

Thanks all!

She did it herself. I guess she's been doing that type of stuff lately. I verbally berated her for wanting anything other than a nice hardwood seat. 

No way man. It looks great.  There are some things that look and perform better with fabric.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, davewyo said:

You keep that up and you won't be able to belittle your own skills on this forum anymore.;)

Thanks! And I'll find a way. I have to belittle myself to keep my massive ego in check. It's a war inside my head. :P

• Like 1