Bench puppies

I made the bench puppies from an article in the April 2016 issue of FWW.  I thought they might be handy, I had no idea.  They didn't improve my skills any, but they sure hold things in place while I do my best to mess up perfectly nice wood. 

pup.JPG

Shaping one of the kitchen island legs.

pup1.JPG

Holding a 52"x25" panel to square  the edge. 

These things are great and really add versatility to my bench.

• Like 2

Well that is unfortunate, I let my subscription lapse and that is exactly the sort of thing I need. I have come to the conclusion that I need a Roubo, but the money to build it and the skill are not withing my current means.

10 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Thats cool Bob. How do you like your ets ec sander?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I had a hard time justifying the price, took me at least 3 minutes to get over my angst.  Then after I used the 123 for about a month, I bought the 125.  Without a doubt they are the most comfortable ROS I have ever used. 

I had a hard time justifying the price, took me at least 3 minutes to get over my angst.  Then after I used the 123 for about a month, I bought the 125.  Without a doubt they are the most comfortable ROS I have ever used. 

Totally agree. I have the 150/5 and it crazy how agressive it is yet leaves a great finish. Never had a swirl with it. I also love the brake.

1 hour ago, TerryMcK said:

Have you a picture of the puppies without anything in them? I'm struggling to see them.

The plan in FWW is for square dog holes,  I changed it for my bench.

pup2.JPG

pup3.JPG

3 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Totally agree. I have the 150/5 and it crazy how agressive it is yet leaves a great finish. Never had a swirl with it. I also love the brake.

Yea it's early, I screwed up my numbers.  125 and 150.  More coffee please.