Nothing worse than..

Cliff

Nothing worse than..  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When wanting to purchase a LAJ, there is nothing worse than

• You just got a new debit card because your old one was compromised. They tell you to activate it by doing a balance inquiry at the ATM. They were liars and now you can't order your stuff while at work.
    • The LAJ is out of stock until June 10, and the main reason you want to go with LV is because of the free shipping sale.
    • Can't get LN because you want to try out PM-V11 steel. Also, no free s/h on LN.
    • Aliens attacked and rendered all our hopes and dreams inconsequential because the very survival of the human race is at stake.

12 minutes ago, TIODS said:

I find it interesting to pick a tool based on shipping cost.

Shipping cost, the steel and I like the wood they use on the handles better. There isn't really a lot to go on between LN and LV. Either one is a win. Might as well pick an arbitrary thing and go with it. I'm also already doing an order at LV so that helped.

13 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Wouldn't the free shipping be based off the order date not the shipping date even thought they bill you at a later time? It'd be the same thing if they were offering a 10% sale.

Yeah I think it will. But then I have to wait for it too. I mean, is it the worst thing ever? Yes. Yes it is.

3 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Ha, that is good.  

FWIW I own both and like them equally but will mostly buy Veritas going forward, only because I go to toronto every 2 months for business so can buy in person :).  

That's really what it comes down to.. I can't try either in person. Not without a 200 mile drive ........ actually you are up there in Chicagoland, is there nowhere to do LV in person? That is where I assumed I could go. 

You can't activate your debit card over the phone? I guess i only use credit cards because i don't trust the fraud protection of the debit network. Speaking of that i need to call and cancel my credit card for a fraudulent purchase ... I miss my US bank card with then the fraud dpt was literally down the road.

I know it sucks to wait but if it makes you feel any better my camera is at the repair shop until the 17th and i feel naked knowing it's not where it's supposed to be. To make matters worse if the fix doesn't work I'll have to shoot film for the entirety of my upcoming vacation.

I left work at 11:30, used my card to get cash, came home and submitted my LV order. So all is good. Then I ran up $150 at the comic store. So now I have to read comics for the next month every night to catch up.

@Mike. I did not know that. I just figured it wasn't around me. I could have drove over to Pekin and grabbed a Woodriver LAJ but I feel I'll be much happier with this one. And there is a pretty good chance I'll not get another plane for a long time so I'd rather have a higher quality one.