Passing through

wtnhighlander

Only a 3 hour side trip to swing by and say what's up but you just totally act like you weren't even in the neighborhood.  Thanks a lot, Ross, ya jerk!

Seriously, next time you're in Missouri, come on up to U-Pick and I'll get ya squared away.

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Okra is great fried, ok in gumbo and pretty nasty otherwise.

I doubt i'd do it now but as a kid, my sister and I used to sit on the front porch with 5 gallon pales of green beans and okra. Snapping the tops off the beans  and eating the okra tips. Good times. 

Only a 3 hour side trip to swing by and say what's up but you just totally act like you weren't even in the neighborhood.  Thanks a lot, Ross, ya jerk!

Seriously, next time you're in Missouri, come on up to U-Pick and I'll get ya squared away.

Don't think it didn't cross my mind, Eric! I just couldn't figure out how to still get my niece moved into her new place after turning a 300 mile round trip into a 600 mile round trip ...

Made the trip, and enjoyed my first visit to Cape G. Nice river town, very much like Paducah, KY. Didn't hit Lambert's at a meal time, but enjoyed a nice BBQ at Port Cape Girardau resturant, right by the river flood wall. Junior, a huge rail fan, was immensly please to see a double-header BNSF freight train pass by, right across the street, as we ate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gee-dub said:

I see we have two types of people here . . . those who eat okra and the rest of us ;-)

When growing up poor and surrounded by gumbo soil,  Mom convinced us that okra was better than French fries.

• Like 1