How I feel about pre orders

Tom,

You'll love the Paolini Pocket Rule. I've got the 6" aluminum and it's one of my "go to" tools. There isn't a project I do without it. I also have their aluminum rules in 6",12," 24" and 36" with rule stops. I know it sounds like overkill but I'm trying hard to be consistent with measuring to improve my results (and decrease my frustration and cussing). I do rough layout with a folding rule but final dimensions, joinery marks, etc are done with the Paolini Pocket Rule and Woodpeckers rules. I can tell a marked (pun intended) difference in my results. 

Woodpeckers tools are not the cheapest but they are high quality, made in America, have great customer service - but I totally get the "I want it now" feeling. Get it every time I order a tool. 

Tom,

You'll love the Paolini Pocket Rule. I've got the 6" aluminum and it's one of my "go to" tools. There isn't a project I do without it. I also have their aluminum rules in 6",12," 24" and 36" with rule stops. I know it sounds like overkill but I'm trying hard to be consistent with measuring to improve my results (and decrease my frustration and cussing). I do rough layout with a folding rule but final dimensions, joinery marks, etc are done with the Paolini Pocket Rule and Woodpeckers rules. I can tell a marked (pun intended) difference in my results. 

Woodpeckers tools are not the cheapest but they are high quality, made in America, have great customer service - but I totally get the "I want it now" feeling. Get it every time I order a tool. 

I've got the 26" framing square, a 36 inch rule, 12 inch rule, mini square, and the 6 inch square. Their stuff is great, I ordered the 12 for larger layout. I use my double square for some joinery layout, and my incra t rule for most other stuff. I can't wait to get it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the 6" and 200mm steel versions. Love them and use them all the time but have learned to be aware of two things: the screws tend to back out in my apron if not well tightened and, unlike most other measuring tools I have, the measurement is on the very inside edge of the line closest to the origin.

I find them really useful for transferring measurements and setting heights of blades and bits.

I find that the red/white combo is easier to read in low light or glare conditions. Both of those situations make reading stainless/steel/chrome rulers w black markings.

After riding in my pocket for 4 years daily use there are only a few tiny nicks in the red anodized rulers.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel ya man. I waited until highland had the benchcrafted gear in Stock to order my hardware. Ordered the vices and two days later, got an email that the tail kit is on backorder .. it's either piss poor planning or predatory marketing. Either way, it makes me grumpy.