Would you complain?

Gixxerjoe04

So me and my wife bought a new house and are moving in next weekend.  We sold our last couch when we moved out of our last house and had to buy a new one.  We went out Memorial Day weekend to find one since everyone had "sales" going on.  Found one we liked and bought it.  The "sale" saved us $300, so wasn't much of a sale.  I went back into the store a little over a week later and they lowered the list price of the couch $200 and don't have a sale going on.  So we still paid $100 less than what the price is now, but anyone else think that's just crappy and I should complain to try and get the $200 difference back?  Having the listed price of something and having a sale, then lowering the list price a week later just pissed me off for some reason even though we did save a little bit more than the current listed price. 

let me get this straight, the couch was on sale 300 off, a week or so latter they reduced the price 200, I'm trying to figure out how you will get money back since you got the couch at a reduce rate to begin with, If you would have bought the couch that following week you would have only saved 200  and not got the additional 100 in saving,  like you said you already are 100 less than what it is now,  If the couch was paid for at full price and a week latter it went on sale I would say go for it. would you be willing to return the couch for a refund and pay the 200 in reduced price, ? or was this an additional 200 under the sale price ?

• Like 1

You'll find that most furniture stores discount from the the list price when they have a sale.

If I understand you correctly you got $100 off their every day discounted price during the sale. Sounds like a sale to me and I personally wouldn't complain about it.

Well I mean technically, wouldn't do any good to complain I know that, but inflating the price and having a sale then lowering that price is bullspit.   If I sell something, not gonna give someone a discount then just lower the price of the item after just a little more than what I sold it discounted as.  At the end of the day, we saved around 2-3% over what we could have bought it now.  Of course I guess furniture sales = used car sales I guess. 

If you go into a furniture store and don't expect to get smoke in mirrors BS then you're naive. You got exactly the deal they wanted to give you and you paid what you thought was a fair price. You lost the battle, regroup and focus on the war.

• Like 2

Not only would complaining get you no where but this is also typical of what Americans are used to. How many stores out there inflate their retail price to sell things on sale 100% of the time. clothing is terrible at this. I feel like we (consumers) don't pay full price, everything has to be on sale. I got a credit card that allows me to apply to get money back if the item goes on sale with in 60 days and stopped trying to time sales. Was nice for my PM1000 i bought it when i wanted it and when the PM sale came on i got my 10% off.

• 2 weeks later...