Steam bent Morris Chair

This has once again been a long time in the making. 

Here is the first lot of timber I got 'Australian Red Cedar' from Boutique Timbers for the chair. There was a lot of breakages in the steam bending process with multiple trips back to get more timber. Date August 2014.
IMG_4009.jpg
The main frame of the chair complete. September 2014.
IMG_4056.jpgSteam box setup and Arm bending form. Had to be modified a few times to get correct radius. May 2015.

thumb_IMG_0132_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_0134_1024.jpg
After 3 attempts with the bending finally got enough back slats. I then went on to stuff up the tenons and had to remake all these again.
thumb_IMG_0219_1024.jpg
Tenon and through mortise cut on front leg and arm fitted. Back leg also connected by mortise and tenon on a slightly curved surface. Lots of slow chisel work. January 2016.

IMG_0402.jpg
Legs tapered and side assembly finally glued up.
IMG_0484.jpg
Jig made up to rout tenons on back slats.
IMG_0526.jpg
And last piece glued together. March 2016.
IMG_0535.jpg

Now just time to finish and make cushions.

And here it is. Finished with Minwax WOP, although I sprayed it on.

thumb_IMG_4861_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_4872_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_4863_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_4870_1024.jpg
Overall I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. Learnt a lot of things along the way. I really enjoyed the steam bending process, although it was very trying at times when I was breaking more pieces than making. 
Once again I feel my finish process let me down, spraying the WOP might not have been the best option, but I am still learning proper spraying techniques, certainly better than my first spraying attempt.
Eventually I would like to make Leather cushions but since I have never sewn before didn't want to practice on an expensive leather hide. Though for first attempt I am happy with the cushions.

Cheers everyone.
Shane

Edited by shanesmith80
missing pictures

And here it is. Finished with Minwax WOP, although I sprayed it on.
Morris Chair-thumb_img_4861_1024-jpgMorris Chair-thumb_img_4867_1024-jpgMorris Chair-thumb_img_4870_1024-jpgMorris Chair-thumb_img_4872_1024-jpg

Overall I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. Learnt a lot of things along the way. I really enjoyed the steam bending process, although it was very trying at times when I was breaking more pieces than making. 
Once again I feel my finish process let me down, spraying the WOP might not have been the best option, but I am still learning proper spraying techniques, certainly better than my first spraying attempt.
Eventually I would like to make Leather cushions but since I have never sewn before didn't want to practice on an expensive leather hide. Though for first attempt I am happy with the cushions.

Cheers everyone.
Shane

hopefully pictures there this time