Finally, new house, new shop

Gixxerjoe04

It's been around 6 weeks since we sold our house and my shop and everything went into storage, feels like 6 years haha.  Well we finally closed on our new house today.  The house wasn't everything that I wanted but is a good compromise since finding everything we wanted would have been about impossible.  Was hoping for an outbuilding shop but back into a 2 car garage, luckily it's about 50% bigger than my last two car garage, plus a lot of storage in the basement, so should be a lot better.  Only negatives is I have to get a sub panel ran, and put in 220 outlets and more lights, and I have to figure out the best setup dealing with the support beams, so shouldn't be too bad.  Started moving stuff in today and moving all of my equipment and the rest of our stuff tomorrow.  I would ask for suggestions on where to put everything, but since you all don't know all the crap I have and the measurements, probably wouldn't do any good haha, but any suggestions are welcome.  Don't really have a clue how I'm going to set it up, will have to get it all in the and see what works best.  

BFE783FE-1680-4839-AF71-2FD6DDFD38E6_zps

416E38EE-372F-449B-BE34-5F5A3CFDB875_zps

495B975A-8C1F-4124-8A5D-A99F8C06DB1C_zps

9D5824CB-C6D5-4E43-86D9-2FA3DD177CFB_zps

9669FA85-74D5-4955-9EA8-EFC012C55C2B_zps

+1 on the columns.  Think about infeed and outfeed space for all you tools with both large and small stock so you don't have a column in just the wrong spot.  I have one column and long stock feeding to my router table clears it by about an 2 inches.  I had to plan it that way.

Congrats!  Sometimes I envy people setting up a new shop!  They have many lessons learned and lots of previous experiences to draw from so, it's cool to see how the new shop turns out compared to the old one.

We drop into web sites like these and see people like @davestanton or Mike (@estesbubba) and think we'll never have shops that look that amazing..  Before you know it, yours will rank right up there!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

That's a good dog.

Ah, he's alright, I'm dog sitting haha my dog is better.  Of course I would adopt him, him and my dog play the whole time they're together, would help in the future when the baby comes haha.  

My number one priority is getting a fence put in, my dog is good 97% of the time, but there is a cattle farm across the road.  If she sees a bunch standing at the fence across the road she might take off.  Could get hit by a car or kicked by a cow and don't want that.

29 minutes ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Ah, he's alright, I'm dog sitting haha my dog is better.  Of course I would adopt him, him and my dog play the whole time they're together, would help in the future when the baby comes haha.  

My number one priority is getting a fence put in, my dog is good 97% of the time, but there is a cattle farm across the road.  If she sees a bunch standing at the fence across the road she might take off.  Could get hit by a car or kicked by a cow and don't want that.

Yeah, fence sounds like a good idea, especially if there's a road right there...congrats and good luck!