musical jewelry box for granddaughter

treeslayer

thanks shane. metal pulls:(, not my first choice but got overruled by the wife, the sad thing is she didn't want round pulls and i had i friend who was  going to turn some for me then she picked round anyway, go figure. 4 coats of ARS satin for the finish. the movement is a Sanyo from Rockler just an adjustable arm to turn it on and off works great and simple. i used to be able to get movements from Reuge but they quit selling to the average guy a while back, they had a great selection of tunes.

8 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Someone with Festool tatoos all over their arms.

wrong greensleeves shane, but nice try:D i won't be able to post a video, too stupid and computer too slow but i will post a picture of it in there in a minute or two. thanks for the great comments guys, it means a great deal to me coming from this talented group

55 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

thanks coop, no special occasion, she asked for one about 3 months ago and i finally got caught up enough to make her one before the cherry bed. oh, and i received the hardware from Rockler like you recommended, looks great

When do you think we might be seeing the start of a journal on that bed?

58 minutes ago, sjk said:

Did you put any of the jewelry holder insert things in it?  (those padded things for holding rings, earrings, etc).  If you did - which ones?

no sjk, two of the drawers have dividers in them, five hooks for necklaces or bracelets on each side

54 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

What type of oak is that, with such interesting figure?

hey ross, thats some of what i call birdseye oak, bought all the guy would sell me 30 years ago, he was a lumber grader in Illinois and found four trees that had that figure to it, i've never seen any before or since and i don't have an explanation as to why its that way. those were my first sliding dovetails and am pleased with the way they came out

47 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

When do you think we might be seeing the start of a journal on that bed?

its a possibility coop, i have to make a walnut and cherry table for the church auction first