barn for lathe delivered

bigarm

This barn/shed was delivered yesterday and will house my lathe.  I ordered it with upgraded floor with 3/4" flooring over 2 x 6" joists on 12" centers instead of the standard 5/8" flooring over 2 x 4" joists on 16" centers.  Trying to decide if I should put another 3/4" layer of plywood on the floor for extra support or leave it as is.  Anyone done this or have opinoins?

20160620_113510_resized.jpg

21 hours ago, CharlesC said:

Wow look at that view! That's amazing!

You should see the view from the front of the house, Wildhorse Island in Flathead Lake.

21 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I see a carport for the truck so what's in the metal sided building on the right ? View is pretty incredible.

That building is a man cave that houses my reloading equipment, a pool table and a snooker table and a 71 Ranchero.  At the end of the "man cave" is a 9 x 30 woodshop where my lathe is now.  That is okay, but makes it hard to use my regular wood working tools because it takes up so much space.

5 hours ago, bigarm said:

That building is a man cave that houses my reloading equipment, a pool table and a snooker table and .....

a snooker table...how many people have a snooker table.  Awesome!  I just don't have the real estate for a pool table and a snooker table.

9 hours ago, CharlesC said:

Google Wildhorse Island in Flathead Lake and now I'm even more impressed. But you live ON the island? How does that work? Especially during winter? Sorry to hijack your lathe thread but living in the suburbs my whole life that seems amazing.

No, we do not live on the island.  Basically, our front picture windows are filled with the view of the island.

IMG_4890.JPG