New offering from BCTW?

Apparently Bridge City Tool Works is now in the dust collection game? I always thought their thing was high quality AMERICAN MADE hand tools. Now they are selling some weird Chinese dust collector ( does it come with the parrot or thats just weird advertising?). Seems like an odd change. I guess you go where the money is...

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/tools/dust-collection/gyro-air.html

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Misleading title...

BCTW isn't making this, they are acting as a supplier for the company that is making them (Harvey Works).

It doesn't bother me at all that they are doing this either. As for the parrot, they were used in coal mines back in the day as a way to make sure the tunnels had clean air so the workers didn't die in there. This machine seems to be safe for parrots, so it should be good for people. 

Misleading title...

BCTW isn't making this, they are acting as a supplier for the company that is making them (Harvey Works).

It doesn't bother me at all that they are doing this either. As for the parrot, they were used in coal mines back in the day as a way to make sure the tunnels had clean air so the workers didn't die in there. This machine seems to be safe for parrots, so it should be good for people. 

Canaries not parrots. I still don't get the parrot on the dust collector. BCTW new logo maybe?

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

Canaries not parrots. I still don't get the parrot on the dust collector. BCTW new logo maybe?

You're right. I was thinking of those other birds :blink:

Parrots need clean air. I think that's the point. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

I bet it would choke on planer or jointer shavings. 

I am interested in real world results. The initial response is positive, and I have no doubt that if John E says it's good then it is at least worth a strong consideration. 

that 2380 is for a fan with no filter, cyclone, hoses, or anything.  It is a completely useless number.   I think my $10 box fan has the same flow...   The only valuable number they provide (and it's value is questionable) is the flow rate for a 4" or 6" hose (how long of a hose?), which is 650 CFM for the 6".  That sucks (and not in the good way).